Yes, you'll get to see your children except in extreme circumstances. I have a Standard Possession Order which gives non-custodial parents fairly liberal access. If you add up the days, you have the children 35 to 40% of the time.

Generally, no a person cannot move your children without a Court's permission or your written agreement. This depends on what County you are in. In Dallas County, the Courts are much stricter about keeping the children in the County in which they were raised so that the non-custodial parent can have a meaningful impact on the child's life.

Contact Information:

Rita M. Boyd, Attorney
Law Office of Rita M. Boyd, P.C.
5057 Keller Springs Road
Suite 300
Addison TX 75001
Phone: 972-380-8000
Email: Email Rita
Privacy Policy


*Rita M. Boyd is not certified by Texas Board of Legal Specialization.

The information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation. Rita Boyd invites you to contact her and welcome your calls, letters and electronic mail. Contacting Rita does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not send any confidential information to her until such time as an attorney-client relationship has been established.

What Rita's Clients Say

"Rita, I just want to thank you so much for all that you haveve done for my son and I. I'm very excited and privileged to be his guardian."
  -- Laura S.

We had a contested, adversarial hearing. Rita Boyd was totally prepared. She used her creativity, knowledge of the law, and finesse to my distinct advantage. I walked out of the court room knowing the Judge had heard my side of the story.

  -- Tony L., Navasota, Texas